Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Miss Dolly Goes To Washington

sg
Today is Dolly's birthday--she being the extremely photogenic pup of my pals Laura and Ric Menck.

To celebrate the occasion, I made up this movie poster, imagining a Muppet Movie-style adventure, with Dolly trekking across the USA on her way to Washington, to fight for animal rights, culminating with her making an impassioned plea on the steps of the Capitol.

During the trip, she meets all kinds of famous faces (like Casey Affleck, Natalie Portman, and Naomi Watts, who I found via Google on a list of celebrities who are avowed animal rights supporters). To portray Laura and Ric, I cast Cate Blanchett and James Cromwell, and I felt adding the ageless Betty White as the lovable but foul-mouthed "Grandma Menck" would make this movie a must-see.

Behind the scenes, music would be by Sir Paul McCartney, the effects would be by ILM (nothing but the best for Dolly!), and it would be directed by Louie Psihoyos, who made the Oscar-winning documentary The Cove.

This piece was a total blast to work on, and its pretty close to what I saw in my head when I first conceived it.
Happy Birthday Dolly!

No comments: