Friday, May 28, 2010

From The Vault: Peeping Tom - 2004

sg
Since I'm back in the mode of creating my faux-paperback book covers, I thought I'd dig out some older, mostly unseen ones for the next couple of From The Vault installments.

Of all the ones I never put up on my regular site, I think this one is my favorite--it has a cheeky charm that I like. Sure, there's the sex angle, but the look on the woman's face cracks me up. In addition, the font really seems to capture the tone.

Not knowing what the design will be as I do the portraits, I put in all the detail on the figure, only to obscure most of it with the logo. I was sort of frustrated, especially since I was doing it to myself, but I had to admit this was the best way to go, lost detail or not.


1 comment:

Sean Tiffany said...

The real question is "is there a version somewhere in the vault without the logo on it you can put up?"

I think the world needs to be shown what is behind that logo!