Thursday, May 27, 2010

Russell Brand

sg
This is my first Thursday without having a new "Hot Seat" to show off. I wanted to fill the spot with something, so I've decided to keep doing new portraits of contemporary celebrities, in the same HS format.

So to start off I went with Russell Brand, comedian and actor, who is currently starring in the new film Get Him To The Greek (a quasi-sequel/spin-off to one of my favorite movies, Forgetting Sarah Marshall).

Since I don't have to please anyone but myself with this, I realized I could do anything I wanted, take any approach. And since Russell's most recognizable feature is that ridiculous tsunami of stringy hair that sits atop his head, I decided to concentrate almost exclusively on that.


I'm not sure how long I'll feel the need to keeping doing Hot Seat-esque portraits, but for right now I'm having fun, so I'll have another one ready for next Thursday!


2 comments:

m said...

are you going to feel the need to do one of EN soon? Leaves of Grass is coming out soon...

rob! said...

Hmm, good idea...