Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Reluctant Nudist

sg
I haven't done one of my faux-vintage paperback book covers in a long while, so I figured it was worth trying my hand at one of them again.

This one is more like an old-timey "nudie" book rather than a mystery/thriller. I usually use an actual book title, tagline, and author alongside new artwork, but in this case I decided to make it all up myself.

As much as I like the artwork and design, and I think my favorite part of the whole thing is the tagline. It makes me smile every time I read it.


1 comment:

Sean Tiffany said...

That tag line is awesome!

I think you have more than enough work out there that you own the rights to that, if the Time Out book of illustrations is any sort of success, I can see a series of Rob Kelly books on the horizon!