Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Estee Lauder Storyboards

sg
sg
I had a new artistic experience this week, doing my first-ever set of storyboards for Estee Lauder.

These were done through the ad agency The Concept Farm, who I have done work for before. I've always enjoyed working with them, so when they asked if I was interested in doing some storyboards for them I jumped at the chance.

I was asked to provide nine illustrations representing key frames from a How To video using Estee Lauder products, with the agency providing me descriptions of what should be seen in each panel.

Since storyboards don't need to be finished illustrations, just a visual guide as to what the final product will look like, the nine pieces didn't have to look like my regular work. So while there is a generally "realistic" look here, they're obviously a lot rougher and looser than my usual style.

It was a lot of work in a very short period of time, but I really enjoyed the process and it was fun using my skills in a slightly different way. I hope these are not my last set of storyboards!


No comments: