Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Katy Perry

sg
I've never had an opinion one way or the other on Katy Perry, and before last week it had never occurred to me to try a portrait of her.

But one night while mindlessly surfing around teh internets, I came across this video of Ms. Perry (and her adorable kitty Crusty) which is a message for a little girl named Faith, stricken with brain cancer. I guess she's a big fan of Katy Perry, and somehow this got to her, so Katy arranged a beauty salon session for Faith with her personal stylist.

I was so utterly touched by the gesture that I was instantly inspired to do a portrait of Katy Perry, the results of which you see above. She's undoubtedly a beautiful woman, and she has a sweet, old-timey sexiness that appeals to me, so I added some old-fashioned patterns, to her dress and the background.

I was so inspired that I did a second portrait of her, which will show up here tomorrow!


1 comment:

Diabolu Frank said...

I'm not a fan of her cookie cutter music (she makes Lady Gaga sound like P.J. Harvey.) However, Perry started out in Christian pop, and seems to do a fair bit of charity work. I guess she's a good girl at heart. I've heard of worse uses for a body's fifteen minutes.