Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Horror of Dracula

sg
Because I never met a series I didn't like, after I finished my custom Curse of Frankenstein poster, I felt compelled to try my hand at another one of the films--Horror of Dracula!

Like I did with the Universal Monster posters, its fun dropping in a lot of the same people in a slightly different context--like Curse, you've got Lee as the title monster, and Peter Cushing as the ostensible main character.

While I don't think this one works quite as well as Curse, overall I was pretty happy with it. And as we'll see, my exploration with the Hamer films didn't stop here...

5 comments:

Richard said...

Something that's been true for this entire series but I'm particularly moved to note here: your eye for typography serves you well in these posters. You always manage to evoke an appropriate period feel in the type design without being overly bound by strict recreation. The cast list on this one is just plain fun to read!

Derek M. Koch said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now, and while I've been enjoying all of your horror-themed work (the PSAs are priceless!), I felt compelled to leave a note here re: this poster design.

I love it!

Of course, I've been loving all of your poster work . . .

Fantastic stuff, sir . . .

rob! said...

RAB-Thanks! Working with type is one of my favorite elements of design. And that font is pure gold, I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

Derek-Thanks for the kind words!

Wings1295 said...

Love it, Rob!

Craig Zablo said...

What Rab said!