Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Popular Science - March 2009

sg
I've done a lot of work for the magazine Popular Science in the past--at one point doing the illustrations for a regular column--but after that feature was ended my work for them has been sporadic.

But one feature I've found myself the sort-of regular artist for is their How 2.0 column. What the feature calls is for a hybrid of photography and my style: the piece of high-tech equipment that the article is about needs to remain, but all the surrounding elements are rendered by me, making for an unusual but ultimately cool-looking effect. This piece, about printer cartridges, appears in the current issue on the stands, cover-dated March 2009.

I enjoy Popular Science as a magazine, and had read it ever before I did work for it, so its always a nice treat to have something of mine inside!


No comments: