Friday, February 13, 2009

From The Vault: Tonight - 2001

sg
Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd post one of my gushy-gushy romantic piece that I've put together over the years.

I've found going with silhouettes makes a piece like this really work for me, since the two people become generic and it becomes more about the space between, the connection.

The words are from Bob Dylan's "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You", one of my all-time favorite Dylan songs and (to me) one of the most romantic songs ever recorded.

Instead using a font, I used my own handwriting and scanned it in, giving the piece the right amount of intimacy that I felt it needed.

Looking back, I wish I had beefed up the window frame a but (no window frame is that skinny!) and I wish I had put some detail on the moon, so it less abstract. Oh well, maybe next time...


No comments: