Monday, March 1, 2010

Monster PSA: Peter Cushing

sg
I'm not sure how many more of these Monster PSAs I have left in me, but there was no way I could wrap up the series without getting around to Peter Cushing!

Like a lot of kids, I first saw Peter Cushing as Gran Moff Tarkin in Star Wars; it was only a few years after that I discovered his amazing body of work--mostly as a good-guy, in stark relief to his role as Tarkin.

To that end, I decided the tag line would reflect Tarkin's most famous line from Star Wars, where he chastises a flunky who suggests the Rebels just might get a shot at the Death Star: "Evacuate?! In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Except here its inspirational--Cushing believes in you, and your chances!


3 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

Michael Landon (as a Teenage Wolfman):
It's okay to raise a little hell on your way to Heaven.

Just putting that out there.

rob! said...

Wow, that's a pretty good one, Frank!

Diabolu Frank said...

Is good? If you like, you keep, yes?