Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Movie Posters: King Kong

sg
Of the approximately eleventy-billion different King Kong posters there are out there, this one is by far my favorite--I saw it in a book called Reel Art I got about twenty years ago, and it was one of a whole bunch of Kong posters.

I love the colors--like New York is Hell itself (which, from Kong's point of view, it was), the cartoony boldness of the logo, and that amazing perspective. The pure fury of Kong is unleashed here, and its another one of those posters that makes me long for the day I can create something a tenth as good.


2 comments:

wiec? said...

what i like too is the fact that you know those guys falling out of the plane are so dead.

excellent excellent choice for inspiration!

Craig Zablo said...

Couldn't agree more!