Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hudson Memorial Logo

sg
This is a logo I designed and illustrated for Hudson Memorial Presbyterian Church, located in North Carolina, of which my friend Mac Schafer is its Pastor.

I haven't done a lot of logo work, and I generally shy away from it. But I wanted to help Mac out, and I knew I'd be able to include one of my illustrations with it, so I said yes when Mac asked me to do it.

The first version I designed was very safe and very bland. I'm not too familiar with designing anything for a religious entity, so I went way too far making it as MOR as possible. To Mac's credit, he asked me to design it as I saw fit, so I came up with something a lot jazzier, the end result of which you see here.

I'm glad I could help Mac and his church out, and I'm happy with what I came up with. I hope Mac's church gets years of use out of it!


No comments: