Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Xmas 2008

sg
I wanted to do something Christmassy for the blog, the first time I think I've ever done any holiday-related artwork.

I didn't want to draw Santa or Rudolph because that just sounded boring to me, so I went with characters I associate with the Christmas season just as much as them--the Heat-Miser and the Cold-Miser from those great Rankin-Bass TV specials (if I could've come up with a way to work in Burgermeister Meisterburger I would have).

So I thought, with a new President around the corner, there's a greater spirit of partnership in the air, and so these two mortal enemies would join together to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

(I think my favorite parts of this piece are the font up top and the patterned background--they look very Rankin-Bass to me.)


No comments: