Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time Out New York: Benicio Del Toro

sg
This week's "Hot Seat" column for Time Out New York was another rush, because the original subject got bumped back a week to make room for super-cool actor Benicio Del Toro, who is currently starring as Che Guevara in Steven Soderbergh's new bio-pic (two bio-pics, actually).

Obviously, adding the ubiquitous Che t-shirt was a no-brainer, and I didn't feel like it was necessary to add anything else.

I guess what I'm the most sorry about is, since Hot Seat subjects never seem to repeat (I've been doing these every week for three and a half years, and have never to had to illustrate the same person twice), that means I won't get to do a portrait of Del Toro next year, when he's promoting the remake of The Wolf Man. I had a really cool idea all worked out for that...


No comments: