Wednesday, December 17, 2008

WPA: Flowers

sg
This was another idea I had for a WPA-inspired public service poster--the message seemed like the kind of common sense, for-the-public-good that the WPA would've gotten behind.

I haven't really had the opportunity to draw flowers much before, but I thought they turned out pretty well, and I enjoyed it. I'll have to try them more, partly because Tracy loves flowers so much and she was particularly thrilled at my efoorts this time around (she just doesn't get as excited about monsters, for some reason).

I have to admit, as a finished piece, it doesn't really look all that vintage, so it doesn't read as a real WPA-type poster as some of my other ones have, but I didn't let that stop me from putting together something I thought looked cool.


No comments: