Monday, December 29, 2008

The Films of Vincent Price

sg
This started out as just a portrait of Vincent Price, since after posting an older portrait of him it occurred to me I didn't really have a "proper" portrait of the actor, someone whom I've always admired.

So I put a nice close-up of Mr. Price's face in a sea of black, but at some point it morphed into this image--I'm not exactly sure what The Films of Vincent Price is--is it a book cover, a movie poster, a DVD insert?

I don't know, I just kind of worked on this until I liked how it looked--the rough edges vaguely remind of the posters for all those Edgar Allen Poe adaptations Price appeared in, and that's good enough for me!

(By the way--among the films listed from Price's filmography are The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Confessions Of An Opium Eater, Edward Scissorhands, Last Man on Earth, The Oblong Box, and Witchfinder General)


No comments: