Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Films of Spencer Tracy

sg
While working on yesterday's Films of Vincent Price, I thought of other actors (primarily from the Golden Age of Hollywood) who I've always liked, and the late, great Spencer Tracy is definitely on that list.

During the years I toiled away as an assistant manager of a video store, I took advantage of the store's policy of free rentals, and I worked my way through every Spencer Tracy movie I could get my hands on, and some of them--Inherit The Wind, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Bad Day at Black Rock--became some of my all-time favorites.

With rare exceptions, Tracy always played characters of unbendable moral authority, and that's what was only my mind when I was working on this--I tried all kinds of titled angles for the text and the background posters, but it looked unnecessary and too fancy for the straight-arrow Spencer Tracy.


No comments: