Friday, August 13, 2010

From The Vault: Count Dracula - 1998

sg
It's Friday the 13th! To celebrate the occasion, I wanted to go back into the vaults and find something appropriately spooky--which is hard, because pre-my Universal Monsters posters, I really didn't do that much horror-themed art, despite my lifelong affection for horror movies.

But I did find this, the second in a row of Christopher Lee as Dracula portraits I did in 1998. While I think the first one is more interesting visually and overall a better piece, I think this one has its charms, too--I like the off-kilter angle and how Dracula's skin just blends off into the background.

Looking back at this piece, I realize it would make a great centerpiece for some sort of Dracula-themed poster. Stay tuned!


2 comments:

Wings said...

Very nice! Good choice for the day!

alena said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.