Thursday, July 16, 2009

Time Out New York: Adam Brody

sg
This week's "Hot Seat" portrait for Time Out New York was actor Adam Brody.

When the subject is someone I don't know much about, like in this case (I never watched The O.C.), I do a little research to find out what it is they're promoting, and try and key into that somehow.

Brody is in a movie called Death In Love, and I went and searched out the film's poster (which I thought was pretty cool). It had a rough look it that I liked, so I used some of its predominant colors (red and blue) and used some cheap construction paper as the background, instead of just dropping it in with Photoshop, which I thought would've been too smooth and perfect (although you can't tell the difference all that much from looking at it here).

I also wanted a lot of contrast, so I did the Brody portrait in black and white instead of color, which I thought worked out fairly well.


No comments: