Friday, March 20, 2009

From The Vault: New Horizons - 1996

sg
This was another piece I did for the Daily Record newspaper, which ran in the first 1997 Sunday edition of the paper.

For these Daily Record assignments, I almost always got the chance to conceive the piece, as well as execute it. From what I remember, this was the first idea I came up with, and it was approved almost immediately.

Looking back on it, I wish I had used a little more photo reference for the woman and the cliff, but overall I think it came out pretty well. And the painterly sky effect came off better than I hoped, considering we're talking about newsprint!

I didn't add the type, but I thought it was well done, both with the font and placement. It ended up being one of my favorite pieces I did for the paper.


No comments: