Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From The Vault: Jumping - 2004

sg
I'm hip-deep in the project I mentioned earlier, so I haven't had time to work on anything else but that. So...no new stuff for the next week, at least, but I didn't want to not post something, so here's another piece From The Vault!

I was--am--a big fan of the work of artist Paul Pope, whose work bursts off the page with energy and movement. One of the problems I've always had with my own work is, because its obviously so heavily photo-based, it can be a little stiff sometimes. So I wanted to try and inject a little of that Pope-ish energy into one of my pieces, and this was the first result.

Overall, its okay, and while it does look a little different than my usual style, it still feels a little too stiff for me. But I like the very contrasting colors, the angle, so its certainly not a total loss.

I tried another one in this same vein, but this was the best of the two. Eventually I gave up on it and moved on to other things. Seeing this makes me want to try all over again...

Link

No comments: