Monday, April 5, 2010

Road To Transylvania

sg
"Bing and Bob are at it again--on their spookiest adventure yet!"

Not too long after I finished my Frankenstein Meets Shirley Temple poster, my imagination wandered further, conjuring what would be the next logical step in Universal's degradation of the Frankenstein movie franchise. It didn't take me too long to come up with an unholy alliance of that series and the Hope/Crosby "Road" movies. The title wrote itself.

That said, it took me forrrrever to get around to putting this together. I knew what I wanted the poster's main image to look like, but the tedium of drawing Hope, Crosby, and (of course) Dorothy Lamour kept me from putting a lot of time into it. Eventually, I decided to work on it a bit at a time. The minute I got bored (which was often) I'd stop and work on other projects.

Eventually, though, with the Crosby portrait mostly finished, I decided to hunker down and put some time into this, and after not too long I had the dull parts finished, and all that was left was the fun stuff--monsters!

Now that its finished, I'm really happy I stuck with it--and even happier that this film doesn't actually exist.


2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

That has to be one of the most awesome pieces you have ever created!

rob! said...

Joe--Thanks!