Friday, October 31, 2008

From The Vault: "Frankenstein" - 1996

sg
Considering today is Halloween, it seemed only appropriate I find something spooky for this week's From The Vault installment.

By 1996, I had been working in this new style for a year or two, and as this point was trying to stretch what I could do with it as much as possible.

Looking back over my files, I see this portrait was one of my first attempts to illustrate someone beyond a normal, recognizable face, and as you can see it worked out pretty well.

The only thing I would do differently is the layout; I think now I'd make it more of a vertical piece, and have The Monster positioned a little more near the top, to convey his massive height, as compared to the viewer. Maybe something like this:
sg
"Grrr! Re-do good! Fire bad!"

Happy Halloween, everybody!

No comments: