Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christopher Nolan

sg
This week's portrait is of Dark Knight and Inception director Christopher Nolan, who is by this point of the most famous--yet little seen, publicly--movie directors out there.

Doing this in black and white seemed a no-brainer, but I decided I did want some little drop of color, so I added blue to the eye and had a very muted blue background. It was originally a lot bluer, but after playing with it for a bit I thought it looked better even more muted, with more gray.

While I'm looking forward to Inception (and I have enjoyed, to various degrees, his other movies like Memento, Insomnia, and The Prestige), I'm more happy that, now that its here, that means Nolan's next film will be Batman 3. I knew from reading about this stuff that Nolan always demanded time to make another movie in between Batman sequels. So now that that film is out of the way, the third Batman movie can really get underway!


No comments: