Friday, January 1, 2010

From The Vault: Monster PSAs

I'm going to do something a little different for this week's "From The Vault" installment, in that I'm going to take a look back at all my Monster PSA posters.

Of all the work I did this year, it was the Monster PSAs that really seemed to strike a chord with people, and they quickly became one of my most fun projects. When I did the first couple, I had no idea I'd find the inspiration to keep going with them, months later.

But in some weird way, this PSA format allows me to occasionally "say" something, relay some sort of message (even if its a silly one), and I find that very satisfying. So here we are:
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
sg
*Whew*! And more to come!


4 comments:

Monika CG Tiffany said...

Rob, all I can say is keep it up! I love these monster psa's an unreasonable amount... LOL

My favorite is still the Boris Karloff "Reminds you to never go outside without UV protection." But second and third are definitely Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Sr.

Bela's is a little silly, but Lon Chaney really emulates that saying. He was a big influence on the technology of make-up.

Good stuff! Happy New Year!

rob! said...

LOAAAKASC!-

Thanks for the kind words. And I don't think any amount of love someone shows for my stuff should be considered "unreasonable"! :)

Happy New Year to you as well!

Manu said...

A big bravo for all these wonderful portraits, the precision and the elegance of them are so much extremely impressing ! You're able to draw either strokes or attitude, and if people already know the persons or characters you have portrayed, like these actors everyone does, I think it is no use to write "this is a portrait of....", all of them being recognizable by themselves. Great ! (: o

Semantha said...

I love your work and I like that you did many of my favorite monsters and horror actors. I did expect Lon Chaney, Jr's PSA to be don't forget to spay and neuter your pets but it works. Hope you do Lionel Barrymore, Fay Wray (not just for King Kong), Manton Moreland and James Arness as the Thing he might make a good eat your veggies PSA.