Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time Out New York: Vincent Kartheiser

sg
This week's "Hot Seat" portrait for Time Out New York is actor Vincent Kartheiser, who plays the oily Pete Campbell on the superb series Mad Men.

Darlin' Tracy and I are both big fans of the show, and I was jazzed to get to do a portrait of someone from it. More than most of the cast, Kartheiser very different than he does on the series--with non-Brylcreemed-to-the-point-of-immobility hair, and the beard, I doubt most people--even die-hard Mad Men fans--would recognize him if they saw him on the street.

I initially thought about putting all sorts of vintage ads behind the portrait, but when that looked to junky to me I ditched that idea and went for something simple and clean.

Can't wait for Season 3 of Mad Men, which starts this weekend!


No comments: