Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time Out New York: Anna Paquin

sg
This week's "Hot Seat" portrait for Time Out New York was actress Anna Paquin, promoting the new season of her Showtime shows True Blood.

Not having ever seen the show but knowing what its about (vampires!), I knew I wanted to have some sort of element that referenced the setting without being too on the nose (blood splatters, fangs, etc.).

So I thought a cracked blood red heart, with Ms. Paquin glaring out from front of it, was a good way to go. It took me a while to get the exact details right (should her dress be white? Black? A different color?), all told this piece came together rather quickly.


1 comment:

Sean Tiffany said...

Beautiful piece, Robbo! Monika loves the show and the books it is based on (I even got her the DVD of the first season as a gift). So, I can't wait to show her this piece.

Very nice!