Friday, June 12, 2009

From The Vault: Mego Green Arrow - 2005

sg
For whatever reason, sometime back in 2005 I got an idea to do some "still lifes", since I so rarely ever had the chance to draw simple (or not so simple) objects.

I looked around my studio for something to draw, and sitting on my bookshelf was my beloved Mego brand Green Arrow action figure (ok, doll). I had it as a kid, it was one of my favorite Megos (I had a ton of 'em), and a few years earlier I had bought one of them on eBay. With his hat, bow, quiver, and unusual beard, its one of Mego's best figures, a perfect likeness of the character (also one of my favorites).

So I ended up with this, and while I thought it came out just fine, it didn't spark me to do further still lifes, so I just sort of dropped the whole idea. Little did I know, that soon after I this I'd be doing some ad agency work where I had to draw lots of objects, so maybe this was good practice after all!


No comments: