Friday, November 21, 2008

From The Vault: "Iced Tea" - 2003

sg
Back in 2003, after a long search, I finally signed on with an agent, who I thought would open a whole bunch of new doors for me, career-wise.

One of the things they asked me to do right off the bat was create some product-specific advertising art, something I didn't really have much of in my portfolio.

I wholeheartedly agreed, wanting to do everything I could to start landing advertising jobs ($$$!), so I did a whole bunch of food-related illustrations, like this one. While they were hardly exciting, I tried to bring the same level of artistic acumen and passion to them that I did for any of my other work.

The whole agent thing came and went (that's a story for another day), but I'm glad I did this stuff anyway.


No comments: