Monday, September 26, 2011

X Marks The Spot

sg
I was all over the place with this faux-paperback book cover, and I think it shows--there are so many conflicting design elements here that I just sort of chuckle at it.

The key art is kinda smutty, yet the tagline is very high-falutin', making the book sound like its about deep themes, when its really probably just a sex book. I guess I woulda been great at working at one of those 1950s "men's sweat" publication houses, sleeves rolled up, cigar in hand, grinding out material to be sold at bus stations all around this fine country.


4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I think it brings out the confusion and despair in a life that leads down the... wrong path. :)

John King said...

Not sure what happened to your "WTF with Marc Maron" post, so I'll put my comment here... I think it's fantastic! Don't know if you've seen the film "Pontypool", but something along the lines of what you did for Marc Maron would have worked equally well for that! You've captured the feel perfectly! Good one!

rob! said...

Joe-

HA! Thanks. You put more thought into than I did.

King-

I accidentally posted that early, its coming tomorrow!

John King said...

Ha ha... it's not like me to be ahead of the game!