Monday, May 23, 2011

Keep Moving or You're Dead

sg
This faux-paperback book cover took forever to get out of the starting gate--I had the figure and the title, but for whatever reason I just couldn't put together a design that worked at all. I got so frustrated and gave up on it, going off and doing some errands and working on other projects before trying again.

That must have done the trick, because after sitting down again I started adding those Russian "Constructivist"-esque bars of color and once I did that the whole thing fell into place: the plot, the tagline, the colors, etc. I even went and found a Russian-esque font just to make it a little more fun.


Fun Fact: The model you see here was the original illustration I created for the Strip Till Dead cover, but ended being discarded when author Mike Gerrard wanted to use the original model I dropped in for the STD cover rough. I never throw anything away.


3 comments:

Richard said...

Forget the faux paperback -- that's a hit Hollywood film right there!

rob! said...

Thanks RAB! I clearly need to make friends with Megan Ellison and get some of my book titles produced into movies...

Wings1295 said...

Looks like a winner to me! And hey, isn't Hollywood the place where films are made with mere titles alone? You are one up on that, you got the poster done, too!