Monday, May 30, 2011

Idol Hands

sg
Like Strip Til Dead, this cover isn't a faux-paperback book cover, its an actual book cover!

Not too long after I posted STD, I was contacted by author Jared Prophet to do a cover for his sci-fi novel Idol Hands. Since I had such a good experience working for a self-published author before, I thought why not try again? Maybe I can corner the market...

Jared gave me an idea of what he wanted for a cover, and even provided some photo ref of the space explorer babe in question. Other than that, Jared left it up to me to come up with the rest.

Like Strip Til Dead, Idol Hands was a lot of fun to work on. I don't get the chance to do much sci-fi, so I wanted to come up with a look that was similarly old school pulpy, but also recognizably sci-fi.

Jared liked what I did, asking for only a few small tweaks, which ended up making the final piece even better. It now adorns the book, which is for sale at Amazon.

I'm now working on a second cover for Jared (he is nothing if not prolific), and I hope it comes out just as well as this one!


No comments: