Thursday, February 10, 2011

Charles Schwab On Investing - Winter 2010

sg
sg
sg
sg
Every time I post a project I did for Charles Schwab On Investing magazine, I always say the same thing--it was an enormous challenge and it was drastically different from all the other pieces I've done for them. But those cliches were extra true this time around!

I was asked to do four sports-centric illustrations for the Winter 2010 issue, using football, soccer, hockey, and sports-stadium-centric images to represent each of the articles' points. It required a lot of pre-planning and prep work to put together all the various elements, and since the images were all different I went for a cohesive set of colors for the minor elements and background, figuring that would help the four pieces spread across the article feel like they were of a piece.

The hardest one to do--and the one that was most satisfying when finished--was the last one, with the jumbotron. I generally don't get asked much to draw objects, or scenes like this, but I thought it came off pretty well.

I'm hard at work on another piece for CSOI, I'm happy to say!


No comments: