Monday, October 5, 2009

Monster PSAs: Ben Chapman and Ricou Browning

sg
This week's "Monster PSA" poster is a little different this time, in that I'm having the message delivered by two actors instead of one--but since the role of the Creature From The Black Lagoon was played by both Chapman and Browning, I couldn't possibly leave either one of them out!

The idea for the message--which is an established cliche--partly came from the time I met both men at a Monster Con a few years ago. I was so excited to meet the actual guys who played my all-time favorite monster!

I first introduced myself to Ben, and asked him if he would sign my custom Creature poster. He cheerfully agreed, and we talked a minute or two--he was incredibly friendly and I was trying to make sure I just didn't say something stupid.

Finally, I thanked Ben, and then moved to the next table over, which was Ricou Browning's. I then asked him to sign the poster, and like Ben he readily agreed. Ricou blew me away when he asked me where I got the poster.

I told him I had made it, and he said that it was so sharp looking he assumed it was something that came from Universal! My head was spinning over that compliment, and as I thanked him and walked away, my main goal was to make sure my poster--now with both signatures--didn't somehow get damaged on my way out of the show.

This is my long-winded way of saying how cool I thought it was that these two guys "teamed up" when they did shows like this. Sure, seeing either one of them would've been great all its own, but having both guys there, together, made it so much more special.


2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

A great PSA, and an awesome story, to boot! Thanks, Rob!

Unknown said...

fantastic stuff!