Friday, April 17, 2009

From The Vault: Robert Rubin - 2004

sg
Last weekend, Tracy and I were watching the documentary I.O.U.S.A., which is all about the United States' massive deficits (a very good movie, btw).

Anyway, one of the talking heads in it is former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin, and when I first saw him in the movie, I thought "Hey, I did a portrait of that guy!"

Usually, the portrait in question is from Time Out New York, but not in this case--no, I did the above piece for another magazine, MBA Jungle, which I believe ceased publication a few years ago (I had nothing to do with it, honest!).

I ended up doing quite a few jobs for MBAJ, and I thought this one came out pretty well. I like the angle and the colors (most of them, at least). The magazine laid some text over this, but I can't seem to find the printed version...


No comments: