Monday, July 4, 2011

The Misadventures of Patriotic Patty

sg
"My first instinct is to say this is the last in the series ('Independence Day Irene' just doesn't have that alliterative snap),"--me, 2/14/11.

Well, here we are, and yes, this is the fourth cover in my "Misadventures" series of smutty faux-vintage paperback book covers. For the longest time (since Valentine Vickie, actually), I didn't even consider doing another in this series--the Fourth of July just seemed too "thin" a holiday premise to try this again. Then, for whatever reason, a week or so before today I decided there was no reason not to complete the cycle and whip this up.

I was initially correct--Independence Day Irene is very ungainly--but it didn't take long to come up with another appropriately alliterative title, and the word "fireworks" just screamed to be part of the tagline.


My instinct to say, once again, that there won't be any more of these, since there's really no big holiday between now and Halloween, which is how this whole thing got started. But who knows how I'll feel a couple of days before Labor Day?
sg
sg
sg


2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I love them, all really. You could do a poster of all four and it would sell, I bet ya!

One thing that bugs me about the new one is the tag line. I really don't mean to nitpick, but... well, I just think it would read so much better as "When she moved into town the fireworks really began!"

The "then" just feels in the way, to me, when I read it.

Gah. I will never be a good critic cause now I feel like an ass.

Happy 4th, Rob and thanks for always allowing us first peeks at great art!

rob! said...

Joe-

I totally hear you on the tagline. I kept going back for forth, leaving the "then" out, putting it back in, etc. Oh well...