Monday, July 25, 2011

I Own This Town!

sg
This faux-paperback book cover started out as a sci-fi novel, with the damsel in distress about to be grabbed by a giant hand, undoubtedly that of some mad scientist who invented either an enlarging or shrinking ray.

I drew the hands, but no matter how I placed them it just didn't look right. After a little while I gave up on the idea entirely and changed this to a thriller, keeping the woman but adding a back story about a serial killer stalking the streets of Los Angeles.

As I finished it up, I realized I had some extra space, so I created a little logo for an imagined brand of mystery novels called "Crime Scene", complete with dead body outline. Fun!


4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I would buy this, based on that cover alone. Seems to be promising so much goodness! :)

Richard said...

This might be your best ever. That title alone would make some author a pretty penny.

rob! said...

Wow, thanks guys!! I was pretty happy with this one...

Novelty Pens said...

Excellent work! She posed brilliantly in the layout. Very Nice!