Monday, December 21, 2009

Monster PSA: Max Schreck

sg
It was only a matter of time, really, until I got around to Max Schreck for one of my "Monster PSA" posters.

Part of the legend of Mr. Schreck
is how completely disappeared into his rat-like role in Nosferatu (heck, there was even a whole movie--Shadow of the Vampire--supposing Schreck was really a vampire playing a vampire in the movie), so I ran with that for the tag line.

And given Nosferatu's German impressionistic roots, I went a little rougher on the portrait, and decided to go with a drab gray as a highlight instead of another bright color.


Available:
Max Schreck T-Shirt
Max Schreck Mug


3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Great piece, and just as creepy & jagged looking as the real dude!

Arbogast said...

Fangs a lot!

junemspine said...

Not as cool as yours, but mebbe you'll like my ode to Max Schreck as well?: http://junemspine.tumblr.com/post/2778698218/oh-max-also-i-put-this-on-a-t-shirt