Monday, March 7, 2011

The Sunburnt Mistress

sg
This faux-vintage paperback book cover came together astonishingly quickly, even for me...once I decided to give the model a darker skin tone, a decidedly tan one, the title and "story" behind it popped into my head, and the colors were almost a no-brainer, as well.

The original title was The Sunburnt Fool, which was the name of a fake smut book Hawkeye once claimed to be reading in an episode of M*A*S*H. But something about the word "fool" didn't line up with confident woman pictured, so I changed it a bit...which then made the tag line very easy to come up with.

I find doing one of these covers every single week keeps my skills sharp, and some weeks its a really struggle to come up with something that works (or comes close). Other weeks its like falling off a log...this was one of those!


3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Love it, and that tagline is just pure win! Awesome.

Wings1295 said...

The confident woman isn't hard on the eyes, either. ;)

wheatgerm said...

she a beauty