Thursday, May 7, 2009

Time Out New York: Simon Pegg

sg
sg
This week's "Hot Seat" portrait for Time Out New York was extra fun for me, because it was actor/writer Simon Pegg, who I am a huge fan of.

I've enjoyed Pegg's work in Spaced, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, and I think its brilliant, casting him as Scotty in the new Star Trek!

I got so into this that, as you can see, I did two complete portraits, and sent them both into the magazine, letting them decide which one to run. I did the first one, which was me nerding out, putting Simon in a Star Trek-y scenario. I then decided to do a second portrait, this one a little more generic if the interview ended up not being about Star Trek all that much.

I thought they both turned out well, and I was pleased to know TONY liked them both. I even got the opportunity to send these to Simon's manager, so who knows? Maybe he even got to see them himself.


No comments: