Wednesday, September 3, 2014

John Cassidy Comedy Magic Poster

sg
This is a poster I designed for John Cassidy, who has a magic and comedy act which involves, as he puts it, "very weird things with balloons." John and his wife Jen gave me a general idea of what they wanted from the poster: a colorful, upbeat, Willy Wonka-esque kind of thing, designed in a way that it could be repurposed for different shows on the tour. I knew I wanted stills from the show on the poster, so it just a matter of balancing all the elements so they would draw the eye the way a good poster should.

It went through a couple of iterations, but the whole process was pretty painless and John and Jen were happy with the end result. I hope it's a big hit for them, and I'm really happy they asked me to do it.


No comments: