Monday, December 17, 2012

The Walking Dead

sg
A friend commissioned me to do this original Universal Monsters-style poster for his current favorite TV series, AMC's The Walking Dead. I asked him what three characters he wanted represented on the side, and after he gave me his choices it was like rolling down hill!

People have previously asked me to consider doing posters this style of more modern horror/sci-fi icons, and for the most part I've rejected that idea, since I really can't bring the same level of passion to drawing Freddy, Jason, etc., that I did to Frankenstein, the Wolf Man. But this design I've constructed seems so durable, and is so fun to work with, that maybe I'll reconsider...


5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Awesome poster! Love his choices, too, since Daryl is my favorite character on the show. And woohoo on you maybe reconsidering. ;)

Marie Gilbert said...

beautiful!!

rob! said...

Joe & Marie--Thanks for the kind words!

Sar said...

This is great, love walking dead! I have to show my boyfriend this.

Anonymous said...

Love it no questions asked you should stick with that design!