Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monster PSA: Darby Jones

sg
This Monster PSA poster is from one of my favorite horror movies, I Walked With A Zombie. Producer Val Lewton was not big on filling his movies with typical movie monsters (in stark contrast to Universal, who was almost desperate to come up with monsters they could spin off into series), so Darby Jones as the mute zombie Carrefour is about as close as Lewton got.

And even though Carrefour was a zombie and therefore didn't worry about his health, I'm betting Darby Jones the actor saw the value in a good, brisk walk.


5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Great poster and I agree, wonderful film!

Spectergirl said...

Ow ... great one! Now you need a Marki Bey Sugar Hill PSA.

rob! said...

Joe--Thanks!

Amy--I'm ashamed to admit, I've never seen Sugar Hill. But I just added it to my Netflix queue!

Spectergirl said...

Sugar Hill is awesome! It makes me want to sport a white jump suit, but that was only a matter of time anyway.

rob! said...

You and Aa are a fun couple.